sábado, 16 de setembro de 2017

A ingenuidade das ideias concebidas por mamíferos




Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction | Sophie Huber | 2012



I’m 87 years old... I only eat so I can smoke and stay alive... The only fear I have is how long consciousness is gonna hang on after my body goes. I just hope there’s nothing. Like there was before I was born. I’m not really into religion, they’re all macrocosms of the ego. When man began to think he was a separate person with a separate soul, it created a violent situation.

The void, the concept of nothingness, is terrifying to most people on the planet. And I get anxiety attacks myself. I know the fear of that void. You have to learn to die before you die. You give up, surrender to the void, to nothingness.

Everyone wants an answer. I think it was Gertrude Stein who wrote, "There is no answer, there never was an answer, there will never be an answer. That’s the answer." It’s a hard sell, but that’s the ultimate truth.

Anybody else you’ve interviewed bring these things up? Hang on, I gotta take this call….. Hey, brother. That’s great, man. Yeah, I’m being interviewed… We’re talking about nothing. I’ve got him well-steeped in nothing right now. He’s stopped asking questions.


— Harry Dean Stanton, 2014

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário